The Spinalong is having a spin-in starting today. We're spinning from noon today, February 10th, through Noon Monday, February 13th? You can find us here:
Here are the guidelines from KnitterGirl39:
Each person should use these times within their own time zone! (For example: That means if you live in NY, spin from 12 Noon Friday EST to 12 Noon Monday EST.)
Each spinner should make sure to alot a full 72 hours of time! That means if you have a time change during this event, please adjust accordingly!
1) First and foremost - Lets Have Fun!!
2) Post here in this thread, or PM me (Knittergirl39) with your: Name - Time zone - Whether you will be using wheel or spindle.
3) Keep track of: Weight of the fiber before and after spinning (if possible) - Number of yards spun - Size of yarn spun (approximately!).
4) When you are finished post your results here by 12 Noon (your own time) on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15th.
5) If you can tell us how many hours you actually spent spinning, that would be great!!
PLEASE: If you aren't able to record all the 'measurements', especially the weight, don't feel that excludes you. It's just a 'trivia' thing and we would much rather have people join in the spinning than worry about not being able to measure how much they are doing. If you can at least measure yardage, we'll have a good enough idea from that.
Here's what I'm spinning:
I'm trying out KP's Full Circle spinning fiber in Caramel and Wolf, and will be mixing nylon with some Shetland wool to make socks, so I will be running the drum carder, too. I'm taking my drop spindle when I go out, but there's no requirement that you spin the entire time. Just have fun! Join us if you can!