Does anyone not know that the Knitting Community is closing? It's so sad, but there is life after the Knitting Community. You can find us over on Ravelry at The Frog Prince and his Knitting Community Orphans, a Ravelry group/forum. We have been transferring tips and tricks posted here to that location and have threads for most of the things we discussed here. We will be adding more.…Continue
Vintage Stitchers met at Barbara’s on Thursday. She showed us this great Dresden Plate quilt top:
She had a quilt pattern that had big, empty squares in it. She substituted the Dresden Plate blocks for the big squares. What an interesting setting! Carol also had a finished quilt…Continue
A couple of weeks ago this pattern fell into my cart in the Ravelry store.
First, about the shoes Dolly is wearing with this outfit: Someone on Ravelry saw my black-and-white oxfords and tried to order…Continue
You may remember from last week that I had designed a simple doll dress (Everyday Play) using self-striping yarn.
The design now has a jacket to go with it. You can find it here.
Dolly’s version is a little…Continue
I’ve published a pattern on Ravelry, the first I’ve actually uploaded myself.
It’s for a doll, hence the “little.” Here’s the back:…Continue
Last weekend’s Spin Along resulted in some interesting yarn:
The roving (fiber) was AlohaBlu’s Targhee "Saturated Spring,” 2 oz. The result is more or less DK-worsted. I got 108 yds, Navajo-plied to show off…Continue
Last Monday the American Girl Knitters Ravelry group started its February knit along (KAL).
We were given a discount on any pattern by Una Hendry (from lots of choices) and had to finish one item from any of the patterns, post in the…Continue
Dolly's bed is finished:
I used a Sterilite Underbed Box 28 Qt., Model #1846 DH found at Walmart for $4.38. To keep the mattress from sinking into the depression when Dolly lies down, I cut a piece of an old political sign the same size as the mattress, which is 16 X 23”, 1” foam (left over from…Continue
Vintage Stitchers is meeting again after the holidays.
I took my finished Kaleidoscope quilt top to lay out on Janet’s lovely big floor. Most of the fabrics for this quilt are from Connecting Threads Kaleidoscope line, but a few from my stash thrown in. The background fabric is Kona Snow.…Continue
Common Threads met at Margareth's on Thursday.
Three of our members have been participating in a class at Davidene’s called “Stitching Society.” I’ve shown off some of their projects previously. Janet is working…Continue
We’ve had very cold temps, hovering around 0°. Squeekers found some sun to warm up in on the back deck.
Sunny’s flat screen had good reception until it got dark. (It’s mostly bird and squirrel shows, but she enjoys them.)…Continue
Peace on Earth. I ask for this from Santa every year. It doesn’t hurt to try.
This photo was taken from moon orbit by crew of Apollo 8, Christmas Eve, 1968. I was a young mother at the time, and I remember it well.…Continue
Poor dolly is nekkid. All her clothes have gone to her as-yet-unnamed counterpart in Wisconsin. She looked good in the outfits before she got stripped down, though.
The Aran pullover I had so much trouble with came out nicely in the end. It’s the”Fisherman Knit Sweater” from …Continue
Most of my fiber time this week was spent making clothes for an 18" Madame Alexander doll, whom I've named Dolly. (Creative, right?) I finished the cardigan. Here it is on the model:
I couldn't get Dolly to hold onto the…Continue
Thanksgiving cut into my play time this past week. However, I was able to get this doll sweater finished.
The pattern is "Very Easy Cardigan for American Girl or 18" Doll" by Ceci…Continue
For Joanie’s birthday present, I promised to sew together the paper-pieced pine tree blocks Julie, Janet and I helped her make.
They had been sitting in her craft room. Joanie has had a difficult year, health wise, and hadn’t been able to sew them together. She wants to embroider wild grasses over…Continue
The hexagons for the Busy Bee Throw are done and I'm sewing them together:
The Pine Burr quilt is finished. We…Continue
The Pine Burr Quilt is finished. (Well, it still need a label, but it’s as good as.)
The pattern was from McCalls…Continue
Vintage Stitchers met at Barbara's this week. Her home was already decorated for Halloween.
Diane was working on a scarf. The pattern is called "Lacy Leaves." She just had a copy with her, and there was no source, but she said it was from a booklet with four or five…Continue