The quilting bug has hit me again:
I just finished this quilt top which will be a topper for our little table in the living room. The quilt contains several fabrics I received for Christmas along with some I bought when I visited DS1 and DDIL1 in Kokomo last year.
The sewing "fit" followed a…Continue
It has been a busy week! Soren's Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) is finished. Here's the front.
I'm using the instructions in Elizabeth Zimmermann's…
The big news on the fiber front this week is my Dogwood Blossoms. The steeks are done.
In the photo, you can just see the front is cut open. The armscye steeks are also cut. I used my sewing machine to sew on each side of the cutting line before I took the scissors to it. I'm getting pretty…Continue
We've had some progress on all fronts here. First, we finally got our first snowfall of the season. This was my back yard:
The resorts are happy. Now if it will stay cold enough, maybe they can keep some of it to form the base they will add to when they make snow. (All of our local…Continue
My head is still spinning from the week's activities! However, I had lots of time to work on the Dogwood Blossoms cardigan:
In the center at the top, you can see where I bound off for the armholes and cast on…Continue
We haven't had any snow yet, but fall is definitely in the air. I'm hoping to get my Dogwood Blossoms sweater done in time to wear this winter.
Winter comes early in Northern Utah, especially above 7,000'! We often have a light snowfall in September, so it won't be long now.
After last week's…Continue
While some of you were reading my blog post for last week, DH, the pups and I were exploring the Oregon coast from Seaside to Florence.
We camped near the ocean at Nehalem Bay, Newport and Florence, one night each. It was great to see the ocean again, and Rocky and Sunny enjoyed being…Continue
The larger Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) for BS is done except for the hood (You will have to scroll down if you use the link).
Shoulder seams still need to be sewn, and there are no buttons yet, but that shouldn't…Continue
You may remember this quilt I was making for Daphne.
I got it back from Julie, the professional quilter (Julie Thorum, email@example.com), and just finished sewing on the binding. It's an I Spy quilt. Each square has a picture of something she can identify and name. Julie quilted it…Continue
DGD1 (also suffering from a cold) finished her first hat:
It's the F346 Coffee Beenz Hat from Plymouth Yarn. She used the yarn I spun from Gaywool fiber…Continue